Bridgerton, a glossy period drama with much more s*x and scandal, came to Netflix in late 2020. It was a great show. Lady Whistledown’s description of the events from beginning to end hooked us all on the TV show. The second season, which came out in March 2022, excited us even more.
The first series was based on Julia Quinn’s book “The Duke and I.” Her second book, “The Viscount Who Loved Me,” inspired the second series. The series has eight books, so there is enough to keep us binge-watching Bridgerton for a long time.
Netflix has already said there will be a season 3 and a season 4. Here’s what we know about season 3 of Bridgerton and when it will be on our screens.
Is Bridgerton Season 3 Renewed Or Not?
Good news, dear reader: Bridgerton has been picked up for not just one more season but two more. Netflix said that Seasons 3 and 4 of the popular period drama made by Shonda Rhimes would be made. The move comes before Season 2 has even started, which shows how confident the streamer is in the show. There is release date yet.
Bridgerton Season 3: Expected Release Date Details
We don’t know when season three will come out yet, but we do know it’s coming because shooting started in July 2022. The team posted a video that showed the group back on set flashing two fingers and then three fingers with a wink, like Antony Bridgerton.
Unlike other Netflix shows, we can’t guess when the show will return. Season one came out on December 25, 2020, which was Christmas Day. Season two came out on March 25, 2022.
But now that shooting is in full swing, we would guess that season three won’t come out until at least the end of summer 2023.
What Is Expected To Happen In Bridgerton Season 3?
As was already said, the first season of Bridgerton was based on Julia Quinn’s “The Duke and I,” which was about the relationship between Simon Basset, the Duke of Hastings, and Daphne Bridgerton, the oldest of the Bridgerton daughters.
The second season of Bridgerton was based on the second book, “The Viscount Who Loved Me.” It was about Anthony Bridgerton, the head of the Bridgerton family, and his search for a good wife. During this time, he met the Sharma sisters and fought with himself about whether to marry for duty or love.
Netflix has said that the third season “will follow the growing relationship between Colin Bridgerton and Penelope Featherington.” This means that the show will no longer follow the order of the books.
Bridgerton S3 will follow the budding relationship between Colin Bridgerton and Penelope Featherington.
Great news for Polin fans and friends-to-lovers truthers! 🐝 pic.twitter.com/biigmBq6tn
— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) May 16, 2022
Quinn’s “An Offer from a Gentleman,” which would have been the third book, would have been about Benedict, the second-oldest Bridgerton bachelor. The summary of the book “An Offer from a Gentleman” sounds like “Cinderella.” However, remember that when we get to this book, the series might not stick to the book strictly.
In the third book, Sophie Beckett, adopted by the Earl of Penwood before he died, is left with a countess who doesn’t like her and treats her like a servant. Sophie finds a way to sneak into Lady Bridgerton’s ball, which gets Benedict’s attention. But when the ball is over, Sophie returns to her servant job, and Benedict can’t stop thinking about the mysterious woman. He promises to find her again. It sounds like a good story for Lady Whistledown to write about in her Society Papers, doesn’t it?
Shonda Rhimes said each series would be about a different Bridgerton sibling’s love story, but she wouldn’t tell Entertainment Tonight which order they would happen in. She told the magazine, “We won’t necessarily go in order, but we will see each of the siblings and hear their stories.”
Now that Netflix has said it’s Colin and Penelope’s turn, the order has changed, making it harder to guess who will come next in season 4.
After Eloise discovers Penelope’s secret at the end of season 2, there will probably also be some focus on Penelope Fetherington and Eloise Bridgerton in season 3. Will the two women get along again and maybe even work together? Or will Eloise tell the rest of the Ton who Penelope is?
Colin and Penelope seemed to be finally getting somewhere in the second season. Unfortunately, Penelope caught Colin talking to some of the other eligible bachelors, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.
During the Tudum event, Netflix did show a short clip about season 3. You can watch it below. It doesn’t reveal much, but it does show Penelope (Nicola Coughlan), Colin (Luke Newton), and Claudia (Claudia Jessie). (Eloise Bridgerton).
Who Will Be Cast In Bridgerton Season 3?
Netflix has confirmed some of the cast for season 3 thanks to a production announcement video it posted.
Here is who will be cast in season 3:
- Nicola Coughlan – Penelope Featherington
- Luke Newton – Colin Bridgerton
- Jonathan Bailey – Anthony Bridgerton
- Luke Thompson – Benedict Bridgerton
- Lady Bridgerton – Ruth Gemmell
- Claudia Jessie – Eloise Bridgerton
- Adjoa Andoh – Lady Danbury
- Golda Rosheuvel – Queen Charlotte
- Polly Walker – Lady Featherington
- Daniel Francis – Marcus Anderson
- Sam Phillips – Lord Debling
- James Phoon – Harry Dankworth
Even though the shooting confirmation video didn’t say so, we expect the following to return for season 3.
- Phoebe Dynevor – Daphne Bridgerton
- Simone Ashley – Kate Bridgerton née Sharma
- Charithra Chandran – Edwina Sharma
- Shelly Conn – Mary Sharma
There have been rumors that Rege-Jean Page, who played Simon, the Duke of Hastings, is in talks with the show’s producers about a possible return for season 3. However, the actor denied these rumors in an Instagram post, so this is still a big maybe for now.
Where To Watch Bridgerton Season 3?
When season 3 of Bridgerton comes out, it will only be on Netflix. It’s not strange since it’s a Netflix original series, and it’s one of the biggest ones so far, so you’ll need to be ready with your Netflix account.
How Many Episodes Will There Be In Bridgerton Season 3?
Season 1 and season 2 of Bridgerton both had eight episodes, so it wouldn’t be too shocking if season 3 had the same amount, but we don’t know yet.
Still, each show will likely be an hour long or just over, like in seasons 1 and 2, so we can hope for at least eight hours of more drama and Lady Whistledown reporting.
Will There Be A Season 4 Of Bridgerton?
Yes. Netflix announced that there would be a fourth season of Bridgerton at the same time it announced that there would be a third season. This means there is still a lot of action to come.
Dearest readers, this author brings a most exciting announcement… pic.twitter.com/sV0QiYcn8z
— Bridgerton (@bridgerton) April 13, 2021
Bridgerton Season 3 Trailer
No teasers or trailers have been released yet.
Some Similar Series On Bridgerton
If you enjoyed watching Bridgerton, here are some other TV series you might like:
- Downton Abbey: This award-winning British period drama follows the aristocratic Crawley family’s and their servants’ lives in the early 20th century.
- The Crown: This Netflix series explores the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, from her early days as a newlywed to the present day.
- Outlander: Based on the popular book series, Outlander follows the story of Claire Randall, a World War II nurse who finds herself transported back to 18th-century Scotland.
- Poldark: Set in 18th-century Cornwall, Poldark follows the story of Ross Poldark, a soldier who returns home to find his family’s estate in ruins.
- Reign: This historical drama follows the life of Mary, Queen of Scots, as she navigates the political intrigue of the French court and her tumultuous relationship with the Dauphin.
- Victoria: This series follows the early years of Queen Victoria’s reign, from her accession to the throne at the age of 18 to her marriage to Prince Albert.
- The Tudors: This series explores the reign of King Henry VIII and the political and personal turmoil of his court.
- Gentleman Jack: Set in 19th-century England, this series follows the story of Anne Lister, a wealthy landowner, and entrepreneur who defies the conventions of her time by living openly as a lesbian.
- Harlots: This series follows the rivalries and struggles of two brothel owners in 18th-century London.
- The Great: This irreverent historical satire follows the rise of Catherine the Great, the longest-ruling female leader in Russian history, as she navigates court politics and her turbulent marriage to Emperor Peter III.
Be Entertained and informed with the latest news at thetecheducation.com! From the hottest trends to the most breaking news. And Also, Follow us on social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Linkedin. And be part of the movement! Share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions with us.