This summer, in addition to action movies like Fast X and the highly anticipated superhero blockbuster The Flash, viewers will see the new project Joy Ride, a top-notch comedy. It’s about a woman who goes to China with a strange group of people to find her birth mother.
Cherry Chevapravatdumrong, Teresa Hsiao, and Adele Lim all came up with the idea for the movie. Chevapravatdumrong, Hsiao, and Lim may not be household names, but their work is. Chevapravatdumrong and Hsiao wrote many episodes of Family Guy, and Lim co-wrote Crazy Rich Asians, which was a big hit in 2018. The fact that these three great writers made this movie makes you want to see it. By the way, did we say that Seth Rogan, who was in “The Fabelmans,” will be a producer?
Learn more about Joy Ride by reading on.
Joy Ride Release Date Details
On Friday, July 7, Joy Ride will only be shown in cinemas in the US. The movie comes out in theaters in the UK a little early, on Friday, June 23.
Plot Details Of Joy Ride
“Joy Ride was made by the same people who made Neighbors and was co-written by the same person who wrote Crazy Rich Asians. It stars Ashley Park, Sherry Cola, Stephanie Hsu, who was nominated for an Oscar, and Sabrina Wu. The funny and not-sorry-about-it explicit story of identity and self-discovery is about four unusual friends who go on a once-in-a-lifetime trip worldwide. When Audrey’s (Ashley Park) business trip to Asia goes wrong, she calls on Lolo (Sherry Cola), her wild childhood best friend who is also a hot mess, Kat (Stephanie Hsu), her college friend who is now a Chinese soap star, and Deadeye (Sabrina Wu), Lolo’s strange cousin. Their no-holds-barred, epic experience turns into a trip of bonding, friendship, belonging, and wild debauchery that shows the universal truth of what it means to know and love who you are.
Joy Ride Cast Details
Ashley Park is the one who is in charge of the Joy Ride cast. Fans of Emily in Paris will recognize the actor because she plays Mindy Chen. Park has also been in Girls5eva and will be in the third season of Only Murders in the Building.
Sherry Cola, Stephanie Hsu, and Sabrina Wu make up the rest of the leading group of friends in the movie. Cola is the star of the hit show Good Trouble, Hsu was just nominated for an Oscar for her part in Everything Everywhere All at Once, and Wu’s most well-known project to date is Joy Ride.
Is There A Trailer For Joyride?
The Joy Ride trailer definitely excites you to see the whole movie. Watch the video clip below.
Some Similar Series, Like Joy Ride
Joy Ride is a thriller film franchise that follows a group of characters who find themselves in perilous situations after encountering a dangerous truck driver. If you enjoyed Joy Ride and are looking for similar TV series or movies, here are some suggestions:
- Duel (1971) – This classic thriller film directed by Steven Spielberg follows a businessman who a mysterious tanker truck driver relentlessly pursues.
- The Hitcher (1986) – A young man who picks up a hitchhiker quickly realizes that his passenger is a psychopathic killer in this thriller film.
- Breakdown (1997) – A man’s wife disappears while they are on a road trip, and he must race against time to find her before it’s too late in this suspenseful movie.
- The Strangers (2008) – A young couple is terrorized by a group of masked strangers who show up at their remote vacation home in this horror movie.
- Jeepers Creepers (2001) – Two siblings on a road trip discover that a supernatural creature in this horror film is hunting them.
- Wrong Turn (2003) – A group of friends take a wrong turn and find themselves in the middle of a terrifying backwoods horror story.
- The Hills Have Eyes (2006) – A family on a road trip becomes stranded in a desert and must fight for their lives against a group of mutated cannibals in this horror film.
- Blacktop (2000) – In this thriller movie, a man driving cross-country picks up a hitchhiker, only to discover that his new passenger is a dangerous criminal.
- Death Proof (2007) – Quentin Tarantino’s action-packed thriller is about a psychopathic stuntman who uses his “death-proof” car to terrorize and kill his victims.
- Dead End (2003) – A family on their way to a Christmas gathering takes a shortcut that leads them down a sinister road in this horror film.
Be Entertained and informed with the latest news at thetecheducation.com! From the hottest trends to the most breaking news. And Also, Follow us on social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Linkedin. And be part of the movement! Share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions with us.