After six fabulous seasons, ABC is giving The Good Doctor a spinoff called The Good Lawyer. Even though it’s a law drama instead of a medical one, the main characters of both shows have neurological development disorders that they use to their advantage in their chosen careers.
David Shore and Liz Friedman, who are the showrunners for The Good Doctor, are also behind The Good Lawyer. Here’s what you need to know about The Good Lawyer to learn more about that and the show as a whole.
The Good Lawyer Release Date
On March 13, the episode of The Good Doctor season 6 called “The Good Lawyer” will be the first time people see The Good Lawyer. This is a “pilot episode embedded” for the branch series.
The legal drama is scheduled for its own series premiere in the fall of 2023 on ABC, but no date has been set.
The Good Lawyer: Plot Details
Like The Good Doctor, The Good Lawyer will be about a young professional with a neurological disease. In this case, it will be obsessive-compulsive disorder. (OCD).
The show is about Joni, a young lawyer who is smart, funny, and self-aware. She is fairly new to her prestigious law company. She has OCD, which affects both her personal and professional life. She doesn’t want to be treated differently because of it, and her attention to detail lets her see cases in ways that most people can’t.
Here’s what you need to know about the episode of The Good Doctor that will be the opening for The Good Lawyer: “Dr. Shaun Murphy hires a lawyer to help him win a case, and he puts his faith in a young, promising lawyer with OCD.”
The Good Lawyer Cast Details
Kennedy McMann is going to play Joni in The Good Lawyer. In real life, McMann does have OCD. This is the second TV show that McMann will be in charge of. In the CW show Nancy Drew, she played the title character.
Alongside McMann in the show is Felicity Huffman, who plays Janet Stewart. As Dr. Aaron Glassman (Richard Schiff) does for Shaun in The Good Doctor, Janet guides Joni. Huffman is best known for her time on Desperate Housewives, but she has also been in When They See Us, Get Shorty, American Crime, Sports Night, and Transamerica, for which she was nominated for an Oscar. Huffman’s first role since she got out of jail for her part in the college admissions scandal a few years ago is in The Good Lawyer.
At this point, Bethlehem Million is the only other cast member who has been revealed. She will play Abbie, Joni’s big sister, roommate, best friend, and biggest fan. Million has been in And Just Like That…, Flatbush Misdemeanors, and Sick.
How To Watch The Good Lawyer?
The show hasn’t started airing full-time yet, but you can watch the episode of The Good Doctor that starts The Good Lawyer on ABC, which is available on all basic cable packages and live TV streaming services like FuboTV, Hulu with Live TV, and YouTube TV. The episode will then be available on-demand on Hulu in the United States and Disney Plus in the United Kingdom.
The Good Lawyer Trailer
Currently, the only video we have for The Good Lawyer is for the episode of The Good Doctor that serves as the show’s pilot.
Some Similar Series Like The Good Lawyer
If you enjoyed watching “The Good Lawyer,” here are some similar series you might like:
- “Suits” – This legal drama series follows the lives of a group of lawyers at a high-powered law firm in New York City. The show features a lot of legal drama, personal conflicts, and witty banter between the characters.
- “Boston Legal” – This show revolves around a law firm located in Boston. The series features a lot of humor, drama, and interesting legal cases that the characters have to navigate.
- “The Practice” – This legal drama series is set in a Boston law firm and revolves around the personal and professional lives of its lawyers. The show features a lot of courtroom drama, ethical dilemmas, and complex legal cases.
- “Law & Order” – This show follows the investigations and trials of police officers and lawyers in New York City. Each episode is split into two parts, with the first part focusing on the investigation and the second part on the trial.
- “How to Get Away with Murder” – This legal thriller series follows a law professor and her students as they get caught up in a murder conspiracy. The show features a lot of twists and turns, complex characters, and legal drama.
- “Damages” – This legal thriller series follows a young lawyer as she takes on a powerful law firm and its ruthless leader. The show features a lot of twists and turns, complex characters, and legal drama.
- “The Good Fight” – This legal drama series is a spin-off of “The Good Wife” and follows the lives of lawyers at a Chicago law firm. The show features a lot of political commentary, social issues, and legal drama.
Be Entertained and informed with the latest news at thetecheducation.com! From the hottest trends to the most breaking news. And Also, Follow us on social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Linkedin. And be part of the movement! Share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions with us.