Ponniyin Selvan 2 finally has a date for when it will be in theaters, and Lyca Productions is spreading the word with a new trailer.
The Indian movie business is booming, and people visit theatres to see movies like Varisu and Thunivu. Fans are counting the days until the next Ponniyin Selvan movie comes out.
The story was supposed to be told in one big movie, but because of problems caused by the coronavirus pandemic, it was decided to tell the story in two different movies.
The release date for Ponniyin Selvan 2 has finally been revealed, thanks to a brand new teaser trailer. Here is everything that fans need to know.
#PonniyanSelvan is a masterpiece 😍
Mani sir has paved the way for more tamil historical fictions to be made into movies. Really excited for #PonniyinSelvan2. pic.twitter.com/9a2CEPqBCX
— Dhaya Alagiri (@dhayaalagiri) September 30, 2022
Ponniyin Selvan 2 Is Confirmed To Be Released on April 2023
Ponniyin Selvan 2 will appear in theatres worldwide on April 28, 2023, Lyca Productions said in a new teaser video. Fans are happy to hear that the series will be back so soon, but many thought the sequel wouldn’t come out until the Summer of 2023.
The Times of India wrote about a news conference for the first movie that was held in Chennai in the middle of December. The director, Mani Ratnam, said the sequel would be out “within the next nine months.”
Since Ponniyin Selvan opened in cinemas in India on September 30, this meant that the next movie in the series would come out at the end of June 2023.
123Telugu said that “the early plan is to release the film in April 2023,” Filmibeat also noted that the film would come out in April 2023.
Ponniyin Selvan 2 Storyline
In the last scene of the first part, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan played the role of Oomai Rani. (Mandakini Devi). Some critics think the second part will focus more on her part. The story will still be about Ponniyin Selvan, played by Jayam Ravi. He is on his way to becoming the king of the Chola empire. The love story between Ponniyin Selvan and Oomai Rani is likely to be the main topic of the store. So, this is all we know about how the story goes. But after seeing the clip, we know the story will keep people worldwide interested.
Related Stories Recommended By Writer:
- Shrinking Season 2: Is It Officially Renewed Or Cancelled?
- Mirzapur Season 3: Release Date, Cast, Plot, Update And More
- Dear Edward Season 2: Is It Renewed Or Cancelled By Apple TV
- Rana Naidu Season 2: The New Season Will Come Back With Some Changes
Ponniyin Selvan 2: Cast Details
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Chiyaan Vikram, Karthi, Trisha Krishnan, and Jayam Ravi will play the main parts in Ponniyin Selvan 2. In addition to these stars, the movie will feature Sobhita Dhulipala, Sarathkumar, Prabhu, Lal, Kishore, Ashwin Kakumanu, and Aishwarya Lekshmi.
Fellow Filmmakers Impressed By Fast Production Cycle
Fellow filmmaker SS Rajamouli was impressed that Pinniyin Selvan could make two full theatrical films in 150 days.
In an interview with the Indian Express, the main character, Jayam Ravi, said that he was the one who told the director, SS Rajamouli, about how quickly the movie was being made.
“I told Rajamouli sir that we have finished two parts of Ponniyin Selvan in 150 days. So, Rajamouli sir got up from his chair and said Ravi don’t say this and scare me, please. It took five years for me to shoot both films (Baahubali). That’s the respect he has for Mani sir. He later sat down and asked, ‘How do you work?’ He is learning from the master.” – Jayan Ravi, via Indian Express.
The actor then talked about how the director asked him, “Would it be like Baahubali?” I said that wouldn’t happen. He later asked if it would be like Padmaavat. I said no. Then he asked what else could happen. I said, “I want to do something like what Amarar Kalki wrote.”
Box Office Collection Earns Budget Back Ahead Of Sequel
Fans and reviewers of the first Ponniyin Selvan movie were impressed by how much money it made at the box office.
Manobala Vijayabalan, who works in the movie business, said that the movie made Rs 78.29 Crore on its first day, the “biggest Kollywood opening of 2022 at the WW Box Office.”
Reports say the movie would make Rs 500 Crore by the end of its run in theatres. Both movies cost Rs 500 to make.
Radhakrishnan Parthiban, who makes movies, also took a selfie with Rajinikanth and put it on Twitter with the message.”Selvan had a super-success party at Ponniyin (Rs 500 crore) with his son of success.”
Some Series Like Ponniyin Selvan
If you enjoyed “Ponniyin Selvan,” a Tamil historical novel written by Kalki Krishnamurthy, and are looking for similar TV series, here are some recommendations:
- Baahubali: Before the Beginning – This Netflix series is based on the prequel novel to the Baahubali film franchise and follows the rise of the warrior Sivagami in a fictional kingdom.
- Bharat Ek Khoj – This Indian historical TV series, based on the book “The Discovery of India” by Jawaharlal Nehru, explores India’s rich history through various historical events and figures.
- Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat – This historical drama TV series is based on the life of the Indian emperor Ashoka and his rise to power.
- Jodha Akbar – This historical TV series is based on the marriage of the Mughal emperor Akbar to the Rajput princess Jodha Bai and the following political intrigue.
- Mughal-E-Azam: The Web Series – This series is based on the classic Bollywood film “Mughal-e-Azam” and follows the love story of the Mughal prince Salim and the court dancer Anarkali.
- Razia Sultan – This historical TV series is based on the life of the first female ruler of the Delhi Sultanate, Razia Sultan.
- Siyaasat – This Indian historical TV series is based on the life of the Mughal emperor Akbar and his court politics.
- The Crown – This Netflix series chronicles the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and the political and personal challenges she faces as a monarch.
I hope you find these recommendations helpful!