Jay Leno has been released from the hospital after being treated for serious burns he got in a recent gasoline fire accident. He says he is “looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family.”
People said that the former host of “The Tonight Show” was thankful for the help he got after the accident and “very grateful for all the well wishes.” Last week, Leno was working under a car in Burbank, California, when this is said to have happened.
The comedian got burns that were “deep second-degree” and maybe even third-degree. Dr. Peter Grossman, on the other hand, said he was “pleased with Jay’s progress” and “optimistic” that Leno would get better.
“Jay wants everyone to know how grateful he is for the care he got and how much he appreciates all the well wishes,” said a statement from the Grossman Burn Centre that was sent to US media. “He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a happy holiday.”
The center also showed some hospital staff a picture of Leno that showed burn scars on his face, neck, and hand.
He had said before that he was “okay” but still getting better after what happened. “A gasoline fire burned me badly,” he said in a statement that was sent to the PA news agency.
“I am okay. Just give me a week or two and I’ll be fine.” The US host and comedian took over NBC’s Tonight Show when longtime host Johnny Carson retired in 1992. He did the show again from 2010 to 2014, but Jimmy Fallon is now in charge.
Leno, who is 72 years old, turned his interest in cars into a CNBC show called Jay Leno’s Garage. He now hosts a new version of the game show You Bet Your Life.
Related Stories Recommended By Writer: