Technological advancements are all around us. From touch screen to fingerprint to facial recognition, that’s right; it’s even in our phones. So naturally, there is so much to talk about when it comes to technology, especially for your school essay assignment. Whether you are doing the hard work all by yourself or using an online essay service such as CustomWritings.com to help out, still picking your topic can be the most daunting part. Let us give you a hand!
Some tips on choosing a technology essay topic
Write about what you love
To choose a topic idea to base your argumentative essay on, begin by observing the surrounding technology. From the smallest everyday activity to the revolutionary innovations that impress you. Always look for the technologies that interest you the most, and you would to further explore and learn more about them.
Don’t go too big
You will want to pick something with some popularity but hidden facts that you can unravel. Consider some niche aspect of a wide-range topic so you can talk about the topic as a whole but not get lost in its broadness. Picking a niche aspect means you’ll get some juicy details while addressing known concepts.
Do your research
An extra helpful tip is to have some ideas on hand and do quick research on your top three or so. You will need to check if your preferred topic is actually a viable option with some kind of argument and counter-argument. If not, you have other options to choose from. Don’t be afraid to change your topic in the early stages since your choice determines the success of your argumentative essay.
But if you have found it hard to come up with some topic ideas, we have a list for you. Check it out!
Examples of technology argumentative essay topics
- How has technology changed the way we communicate?
- The internet and I: an exploration of the internet in my life
- What would life be like today without Wi-Fi?
- How do we introduce the internet to children?
- Impressive new automotive technologies that we absolutely need
- Health technologies that saved lives
- New technologies NASA is using to conquer space
- Genetic engineering technologies that can change the world
- The pros and cons of tech gadgets (name a gadget you would like to discuss)
- The aftermath of the internet: are we closer or further apart?
- Are humans smarter than computers?
- Does technology defy nature or nurture it?
- Is technology making us dumber?
- The effects of technology on individualism
- The relationship between mental health and the internet
- Technology and war: what can we expect?
- History of the earliest technological inventions
- Do we need to regulate technological advancements?
- The impact of the internet on Gen Z
- The sad truth behind cyberbullying
- Tiktok is taking over the world
- The best video games of all time
- Should programming be taught in school?
- How does technology improve the workforce?
- Is technology making our work easier?
- Are computers taking over our jobs?
- What is Nanotechnology and how can it impact our lives?
- Cloning and its moral, legal, and technological aspects
- What will life be like with technological advancements in 2050?
- The consequences of the internet with regards to capitalism
Tips to help you write an A worthy essay
Use reliable sources
A big part of writing an argumentative essay is stating an argument and its counterpart. That means you have to support both sides with evidence which can be quotes, research papers, or book extracts. The trick is to always use reliable resources when looking for evidence to back up your essay.
Wikipedia can actually be a great source of information but it should never be your final citation. Dig deeper into the Wikipedia pages for references and cite the academic sources. This will add so much more professionalism and trust to your essay.
Create an outline
Don’t go rushing off the deep end. Take some time to arrange your thoughts by making up a table of contents for your essay. This outline will help you find the structure of your essay and follow a logical narrative sequence. The more organized your ideas are, the more likely your essay will complete itself.
Attract the reader with a powerful intro
A strong introduction to your topic is the only way the reader won’t just skim through it and actually read it intently. The more you engage the reader right off the bat, the more they’ll be motivated to eat up your writing.
Technology is one heck of a topic anyway, so it shouldn’t take too much to spark interest in your reader. Raising some jaw-dropping questions and including some historical facts can be effective tools for your introduction.
Remember the argumentative side to your essay
Don’t let your research and organization go to waste by forgetting that the type of essay you are writing is argumentative. That means it should include an argument and its opposite. That also means that you should have an opinion or side with one of the two aspects.
Split up the arguments and their counterparts into paragraphs so the reader can make up their mind about each point separately. Pick your battle from the beginning of the essay and try to support it with evidence. Never forget to mention other opinions and why they are important.
Review before submitting
Reviewing and editing your essay before submitting is crucial to ensure that you have used the best language you could use without any typos or grammatical errors. These mistakes can be deadly to your essay since the reader may not understand your point or, even worse, misinterpret what you are trying to say. So be diligent with your editing so nothing slips, and you get that ‘A’ you deserve.