PvP is one of the most interesting activities in online games, and WoW Wrath of the Lich King is no exception.
PvP is the result of all the efforts in leveling the character, selecting and obtaining equipment and weapons, developing game skills, and understanding the basic mechanics of using the class and its specialization.
Mage is one of the most spectacular, powerful, and at the same time vulnerable classes. You will need a good staff or orb, to deal maximum damage with minimal MP costs, strong robes – physical protection and maximum mana will always be insufficient.
You will be able to farm everything through the game by completing quests, leveling up professions and specializations, and many hours of farming. If you ask – How to buy WoW WotLK Gold to get a simplified start, and then farm on your own, then proven services for the sale of gold will help with this with guarantees of the security of the transaction and a refund in case of disputes.
Frost mage, main advantages
The element of ice gives great opportunities for PVP – most of the skills are designed to slow down and reduce the attacking potential of the enemy, increase the caster and increase the overall level of protection in combination with fast damage.
The basis of the build will be all attacking spells from the ICE branch – they will make up your attacking potential and will be complemented by auxiliary skills from the arcane build. We are only interested in magic boosters – magic damage, critical attack chance, and MP consumption.
Basic skills for Frost mage in PVP
- Ice Barrier – blocks incoming damage for two minutes, protection can be broken when dealing more damage than provided by the spell level.
- Mana Shield – transfers incoming damage to mana instead of HP. Be careful – strong physical damage will deprive you of MP very quickly.
- Ice Protection – Blocks some of the damage from cold magic.
- Protection from Fire – blocks part of the damage from fire magic.
- Blink – Move forward, removing the negative effects of stun and root.
- Polymorph – Turn the target into a slow turtle that gains a health and MP regeneration boost and can be brought out of this state by any incoming damage.
- Antimagic – blocks damage and prohibits the use of spells of this school for the next 8 seconds.
- Ferocious snowstorm – will slow down the movement of the enemy by half for the duration of the spell.
- Cold is an AoE skill that can freeze targets to a single location for a short time.
- Deep Freeze – Only works on targets under the effect of freezing. Deals explosive damage and stuns the target for 5 seconds.
- Spellstealer – Steal one magic spell from the target.
Attack and Boost
- Icy Blood – Accelerates the speed of casting spells and doubles this indicator when receiving damage.
- Icing – Increases the chance of dealing critical damage with magic.
- Ice Shards – Increases critical attack power when triggered.
- Summon Water Elemental is an auxiliary summon that fights on your side and obeys orders for 45 seconds.
- Ice Arrow – Deals damage and reduces the movement speed of the enemy.
- Ice Spear – Deals increased damage to the target with the element of ice.
- Brain Freeze – Gives a 15% chance to cast the most powerful frost spells without spending mana to read them.
- Frostfire Arrow – Deals scorching cold damage, slows the target by half, and deals additional damage over 9 seconds.
- Fingers of Frost – gives a chance to apply an effect on the target and treat the object as frozen for additional damage and the ability to use finishing attacks.
Strengths Frost Mage
Mages are a very vulnerable class, especially for opponents with the ability to quickly deal a lot of physical damage.
Frost mage is essentially the only representative of the magical class that perfectly resists robbers, archers, and wars.
The rogue is cut off by a jump during the exit from invisibility, and a strong slow and reduction in attack speed will not allow him to even get close to the mage.
The Warrior has more defense, so PVP will take longer, but the combination of a flash and offensive spells with an additional DOT effect and the inclusion of a mana shield in close combat will not leave a warrior a chance.
Archer – with long-range classes it will be the most difficult and the outcome of PVP in most cases will be decided by equipment and luck. The archer has a high range, so this is the only class with which you will have to reduce the distance yourself – the jump will solve this issue to a greater extent, but if you carry out a tight cast with a stun for 5 seconds and stand in a mana shield, then the enemy will fall, as well as other.
Weaknesses of Frost Mage
The class is mainly suitable for PvP and single-target attacks – it is harder for him to farm, but it is easier to defeat opponents.
Highly dependent on mana and mobility. A class that requires you to almost never stand still, but is able to cut off opponents at a distance without even letting you get close to yourself.