Which Of The Following Underling Medical Conditions Can Increase The Risk Of Of Getting Covid-19?
The following are the conditions that might lead to a high risk of severe illness from Covid-19:-
- Pregnant women are at severe risk from Covid-19. Women who are affected by Covid-19 have the possibility to give birth to premature babies. They should take the following precautions:-
- Go to check up at regular intervals.
- Follow the diet chart given by her healthcare provider and take medicines on time.
- Seek the nearest hospital in case of an emergency.
- Cancer is not known clearly whether it increases the risk or not.
- People who have cancer must consult a doctor and take precautions beforehand.
- Take medicines timely.
- Seek emergency care if required.
- Smoking: People who smoke have a high risk to get badly affected by the virus. Following are the precautions that one must take:-
- Quit smoke if possible.
- Seek immediate help if an emergency arises.
- People with kidney disease and especially who are on dialysis are at high risk.
- Dialysis patients must not miss their appointment with the doctor.
- Take medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
- Chronic liver disease includes alcoholic liver disease, non-alcoholic liver disease, and also fatty liver diseases. This can lead to high risk from Covid-19.
- Overweight, Obesity or Severe Obesity- Obesity is a condition in which the Body Mass Index is between 30 kg/m2 and <40 kg/m2 or severe obesity in which the mass is 40 kg/m2 or above which can lead to severe illness from Covid-19.
- Dementia is a neurological condition which might lead to the risk of getting affected by Coronavirus.
- Heart conditions: Diseases such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, pulmonary hypertension, or cardiomyopathy are some of the heart conditions.
- Coronavirus mainly affects the respiratory system of a person. So asthma patients need to be very cautious about their health condition.
Cerebrovascular disease, Hypertension, Cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, Type 1 diabetes mellitus, Type 2 Diabetes mellitus, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease are some conditions which also lead to the risk of Covid-19.
How Asthma Patients Will Take Care Of Themselves To Protect Them From Covid-19?
- Cover your nose and mouth while going out in any public places. You may also cover your head with head masks in order to prevent the germs from getting into contact with your hair.
- Also, avoid people who are not wearing masks.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet while doing any outdoor activity.
- Do not go out if you have any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Also, postpone plans if any of you or visitors have symptoms of Covid-19.
- Avoid direct or close contact with any outsiders or visitors. Avoid shaking hands, or hugging, etc.
- One should stay at home quarantine if he or she has come in contact with a Covid-19 affected person in the last 14 days.
- If you notice any Covid-19 symptoms, immediately consult a doctor within 24 hours.
- Wash and sanitize your hand often, especially before having a meal. Wash your hands properly with hand soap and water for 20 seconds.