Xiaomi is one of the leading smartphone makers in the world. They not only make high-end flagship devices but also make mid-range and low-end devices so that everyone can afford it. At present, every smartphone manufacture is trying to create devices that are affordable as well as powerful. Xiaomi devices run on MIUI, the company has unveiled the most awaited MIUI 12. Here is the info about the Supported devices and new features in the new MIUI 12.
We all know that Xiaomi is one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers in the world. This Tech-giant releases many smartphones per year. These smartphones have a wide range of specifications ranging from Low-end specs to High-end Flagship Specs. The company has unveiled many devices this year, all the devices have received positive reviews and ratings. Let us talk about the new MIUI 12.
Read this for In-Detailed Specifications of Poco F2 Pro – Poco F2 Pro: Xiaomi’s Powerful All-rounder And Flagship Killer
New Features of MIUI 12:
Introduction to Super Wallpapers:
We all know that Xiaomi has a wide range of wallpapers, in the newer version of MIUI they have introduced Super Wallpapers. They have beautiful animations and the wallpapers changes with the state of the device. The animation changes when the device is unlocked and comes back to the same state when the user locks it back.
The company has also introduced a new feature along with the Super Wallpapers. Now users can turn on the Always-On Display feature. With the help of this feature, accessing important notifications and other important stuff made very easier.
New Weather App:
The company has developed a new weather app and it comes along with the MIUI 12. The app is not only futuristic but also features “Real-Time Weather Monitoring Feature”. The App can change the theme of the app according to the weather of the location. It features themes such as Blazing sun, Soft breeze, and Refreshing rain.
Improved App Animations:
The App animations have improved a lot when compared to the older version of MIUI. The MIUI 12 uses the “Mi-Light Cone animation framework” which features a physical animation engine that can take the rendering mechanisms to the next level. It uses technologies such as MAML graphics, Folme animations, and Mi-Render Technologies to create awesome animations. One of the major improvement in the animations is the “Control Center”, where users can have access to quick settings with ease and it is quite similar to the iOS Control Center. There has been a massive improvement in the visuals, with a specially designed UI where the animations speak. The animations are very informative, users can get hold of data just by looking at the animations.
We have seen many accusations about the company stealing user’s data. The company has confirmed that the accusations are completely false and they are collecting the data only for improving the user experience. As it has taken a huge impact on the company, they have added next level Privacy Features in the new MIUI 12.
- Introduced Alerts feature, which gives info about the apps whenever the apps use sensitive permissions. Users get alerts whenever the apps record audio, use the camera, or access your location.
- Complete user access to permissions (Permission Access). Users can give access to the app and it features several options for permission controls such as “Always Allow”, “While using the app”, “Notify” and “Deny”. With the help of these options, users can control the permissions of the apps with ease.
- Introduced Secure Sharing, which is a special security feature. We all know that the photos we capture hold info such as time and location. With the help of this feature, users can share images without Location Data and MetaData. All things considered, we can say this is an awesome privacy protection feature, taking the user’s protection to the next level.
The companies privacy has tested by several World-leading experts and certified it as safe. It has received certifications from the famous experts such as ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27018, ISO/IEC 29151, TRUSTe Certified Privacy, DJCP, and TÜV Rheinland.
Other Noticeable Features:
In addition to the above features, there are several noticeable features. They are
- Floating Windows: With this feature, the user can perform multitasking with ease. All a user needs to do is drag a message notification. Upon dragging it, the notification becomes a floating window. Users can minimize the window and place it anywhere on the screen and multitask with ease (Text and Perform other activity at the same time).
- Full-Screen Mode: With the help of this feature, users can shoot images or videos in full screen. In addition to these, they have re-designed the camera UI completely with many new features in the camera app.
- Improved UI: In addition to these above features, there has been a lot of improvements in the UI. It includes features such as Dark Mode, Video Toolbox support, Tasks, Lite Mode, and Smart Messaging. With the help of these additional features, the UI felt more futuristic and very reliable.
Release Schedule and Supported Devices:
After seeing the features, you might be excited about the release date of the stable variant and supported devices. The company has announced they are planning to set two rounds of MIUI 12 release. The first round has few devices, whereas the second round has many devices. It is good to see that MIUI 12 supports very old MI devices that have released two years before. The Round One is set to release in June 2020 whereas the Second round will release later but shortly after Round One. Here are the supported devices of MIUI 12, the devices are listed in the image attached below.