BioWare’s reworking of Anthem seems to be coming along. We recently got an update about the changes they’re making to the game’s loot and equipment. It’s not much, and we still don’t know when they will implement these changes. However, it’s still better than nothing.
BioWare Hoping To Make Anthem More Rewarding
The gist of the changes they’re making to loot drops and equipment is simple. Players will get better loot across the board and won’t feel like they wasted their time. BioWare’s Christian Dailey mentions this in a blog post on their website:
Respect Your Time
- Increase the frequency of Loot Drops
- Loot is viable more often; All items are better and more competitive, but there’s still a chance of getting something exceptional
- All loot rarities have strategic value throughout progression
- You can pursue specific loot without relying on randomness alone; Quests; Specialized Vendors; Unique Loot Tables
- Modify your loot, including rerolling inscriptions and leveling up items
Players May Be Able To Upgrade Their Loot
The part about embracing choice is especially encouraging. Before, if you got a piece of loot, you either discarded it because it was useless, or you kept it until you found something better. Now, if you like how one particular piece fits into your build, you can stick with it.
That piece of equipment also gets stronger with you, making it more viable. These two changes combined could make the game less tedious.
Anthem’s Gunplay Also Getting Some Fine Tuning
BioWare is also polishing Anthem’s gunplay. Among the many criticisms that players levied at the game, its shooting and traversal weren’t part of them. However, it’s good to know that they’re making that aspect of it even better.
“Gunplay is overall more responsive with enemies reacting to hits near instantly with improved client-side prediction, we are looking into the role of melee items and builds, and of course, being able to spend skill points to unlock new types of equipment and synergies,” reads the post.
Anthem is currently available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.